As an educator and professional makeup artist with formal training Clare has always adhered to strict hygiene rules and regulations. In light of the recent outbreak of Covid-19 (coronavirus), Clare has now undertaken various Covid sanitation, hygiene and protection courses. These include working with private clients to working safely on set – TV, Film, Commercial and Fashion.
In order to work safely there will be changes to the way in which hair and makeup artists now formally work. All clients will be required to sign a Covid-19 waiver which included a health check. This will be emailed prior to their appointment.
- Full PPE must be and will be worn out all times.
- Extra time must be and will be allowed to prepare “talent”, to protect both artist and said “talent”, sanitise and disinfect full kit.
- A Covid-19 risk assessment must be in place and managed by Production company.
- Full PPE will be worn out all times.
- Extra time will be needed: to clean kit and tools in between clients.
- Earlier start times will be required in order to ensure the safety of both the bridal party and artist.
- This may affect the number of people Clare can personally service and might entail an additional charge of another artist (please enquire).
- Trials only one person allowed at the trial. Additional clients will need to book a separate trial appointment e.g Bridesmaid or Mother of the Bride.
- No personal belongings to be brought to studio – phone and keys allowed.
- Payment by BACS only.
Throughout lockdown Clare has been conducting her makeup lessons remotely via zoom with amazing feedback and reviews. Until further notice, makeup lessons will be continuing in this way, see the Zoom makeup lessons page for more information.
Unfortunately, by law Clare is required to wear both a face mask and visor. It is both difficult to talk in depth and teach with long periods of time with these restrictions. Therefore, it is more favourable and safer to teach via video. Lessons will still be enjoyable, achievable and successful.